Last updated: June 11, 2021
Privacy is very important to us. We also understand that privacy is very important to you. This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) describes what information we collect about you, including when and how we collect it; how we use it; with whom we may share it; and what choices you have regarding our use of your information we gather through this website located at www.athn.org (this “Site”) or through use of our mobile programs (collectively, the “Service”). By accessing, interacting with and/or otherwise using the Service and providing and/or otherwise making available your information to us, (a) you expressly choose to receive certain communications from us and, unless you otherwise indicate, third parties as described in this Privacy Statement and (b) you expressly agree to the privacy practices described herein.
We may change this Privacy Statement at any time and for any reason. We encourage you to look to this Privacy Statement each time you use the Service.
In addition, even though ATHN is not a “covered entity” as defined in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”), your HTC assigned through our Service may be a “covered entity” and therefore subject to the provisions of HIPAA. As a result, your HTC has adopted a HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices (the “Notice of Privacy Practices”) to describe how your HTC uses and discloses your protected health information (“PHI”).
This Privacy Statement will remain in full force and effect, even if your access to, use of and/or participation in connection with the Service or any other particular service, feature, function or promotional activity offered on or through the Service terminates, expires, is suspended or deactivated for any reason. If you do not agree with this Privacy Statement, please do not participate in or use the Service. This Privacy Statement applies regardless of the device you use to access the Service and whether you are accessing the Service as a registered user (i.e., an end user with a User Account) or otherwise.
This Privacy Statement governs only the information collected by us on or through your use of the Service and does not cover any other information collected in any other manner or collected by any other third party, unless specifically stated.
The information we receive, and how we use it, depends on what you do when using the Service. We collect and use your Non-Personal Information (information that is not identifiable to you personally) differently than your Personal Information.
Each time you use the Service, we may automatically collect certain information about you from your computer. This information is collected from your computer’s web browser and may include information such as the following (“Non-Personal Information”):
- the type of web browser software you use
- the name of the domain from which you access the Internet
- the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to this Site
- the date and time you access this Site
If you only read or download information on this Site, we do not collect or learn your name, e-mail address, home address, or other Personal Information about you. We may place a text file called a cookie in the browser files of your computer when you visit this Site or use “embedded scripts”, web beacons and other similar tracking technologies to collection Non-Personal Information as you interact with the Service. The cookie may be stored on your computer’s hard drive. The information that we store using cookies is Non-Personal Information and we only use them for the purpose of making our service function. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but some parts of this Site may not work properly for you if you do so. We will not allow third parties to place cookies on this Site. We may also use tracking technologies to collect “clickstream” data, such as your device type, operating system and platform, the average time spent using the Service, content viewed and searched for, access times and other relevant statistics, and may assign unique identifiers to your device or other credentials you use to access and/or use the Service for the same purposes.
What ATHN does with Non-Personal Information
We will use Non-Personal Information to help us make our Service more useful to visitors and for other internal business purposes. We may prepare reports and other materials using Non-Personal Information. Since these reports and materials contain no personal information, we may share them with others.
In some parts of our Service you may have the chance to send us information about yourself. For example, the website may include treatment information, a survey or an e-mail form. The information (“Personal Information”) that we collect if you fill out a registration form or survey, or when you ask us to personalize your visits to this Site, may include, for example:
- your name
- cell phone number
- e-mail address
- other Personal Information you provide in the form.
How does ATHN Use Personal Information?
By submitting Personal Information (e.g., your name, address, e-mail address or telephone number), you agree that we may keep a record of it and may use it to respond to your request and provide the Service to you. We also may use your Personal Information to help us in our business, including but not limited to improving the Service and product development.
We may ask you to provide informed consent for us to use your information to conduct research. Your information is always anonymized when we use it for research and only accessed by our biostatistics team to answer specific research questions. You may, at any time, remove your consent for us to continue to collect your information by sending an email message to email@example.com or continue your participation in any research. As data that we have already collected may have been used for research purposes and be part of any analysis, we may continue to use it, but will stop collecting your data from the date you remove consent.
You may, at any time, request a copy of your Personal Information that we hold. We will provide such information as required by the specific legal requirements of your place of residence.
You may, at any time, request that we remove any information about you from our systems. We will comply with your request in a reasonable timespan, however, any data that we have already used for research purposes may remain in our systems. This data is depersonalized.
We will not sell, exchange or publish your Personal Information.
We will not merge or coalesce your data with any other source for any purpose.
Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
Except as otherwise written in this Privacy Statement, we will keep your Personal Information private and will not share it with others, unless the disclosure is necessary to:
- comply with a law or regulation, court order or other legal process;
- protect our rights or property;
- protect someone’s health or safety.
We may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties for the purpose of administering and maintaining the Service. We use these third parties to efficiently provide the full range of content, activities, services, features and functions we bring you and we disclose your Personal Information to these third parties for the purpose of providing services to us and our affiliated companies, organizations and initiatives.
Cookies are small pieces of text used to store information on web browsers. Cookies are used to store and receive identifiers and other information on computers, phones, and other devices. Other technologies, including data we store on your web browser or device, identifiers associated with your device, and other software, are used for similar purposes. In this Privacy Statement, we refer to all of these technologies as “Cookies.”
Your California Privacy Rights
ATHN does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside third parties your personal information for marketing purposes or otherwise. If we do, California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site and/or Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at ATHN, 67 Red Rock Circle, Rochester, New York 14626.
California Consumer Privacy Act
- Right to Request Personal Information. Upon request, we will provide you with (i) a list of all Personal Information that we have collected on you, (ii) from whom we obtained such Personal Information, (iii) the reason why we collected such Personal Information, and (iv) with whom (if any) we have shared such Personal Information. If we sell your Personal Information or disclose your Personal Information to third parties, upon request, we will provide you with (i) a list of the Personal Information that we have collected on you, (ii) a list of the Personal Information that we sell or disclose to others on you, and (iii) to whom we have sold or disclosed your Personal Information. A consumer can make such a request only twice in a 12-month period.We require such Personal Information to be able to provide our Services to you.
Unless otherwise specified, we only collect Personal Information from you. We do not use others to provide us with your Personal Information.
- Disclosure of Personal Information. We only share your Personal Information with service providers, e.g., billing and collection agents, who enable us to provide our Services to you. We do not sell or give your Personal Information to third parties for purposes unrelated to our provision of Services to you.
- Right to have Personal Information Deleted. Upon request, we will delete all your Personal Information that we have collected on you and will direct our Service Providers to also delete all of your Personal Information. But note that if we do delete all of this Personal Information, you will no longer be able to use our Services.
- Non-Discrimination Right. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Financial Incentives. However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
Under 16. We will not sell your Personal Information if you are under the age of 16 unless we have the consent of your parent or your guardian nor will we sell it if you ask us not to do so.
Opt Out Right. Upon your request, we will stop selling your Personal Information (sometimes called your Opt Out Right). You may send the request to Opt Out (i) email@example.com (ii) by writing to us at ATHN, 67 Red Rock Circle, Rochester, New York 14626.
Personal Information that We Store. For your information, we store/collect the following Personal Information on you: name, contact data including online contact information, physical address, health and medical data, and images and videos.
Modifications to this Privacy Statement
If we decide to make a significant change to our Privacy Statement, we will post a notice on the homepage of this Site for a period of not less than thirty (30) days after the change is made.
Privacy on Other Sites
This Site may contain links to other websites. We provide these links for your convenience, but we do not review, control, or monitor the privacy practices of websites operated by others. We are not responsible for the performance of these sites or for your business dealings with them. Your use of other websites is subject to the terms and conditions of those sites, including the privacy policies of those sites.
We care about protecting the online privacy of children. We will not intentionally collect any Personal Information (such as a child’s name or e-mail address) from children under the age of 13. As part of our Service an adult caregiver of a minor may provide Personal Information to us through the Service. If you think that we have inappropriately collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us immediately.
Data Security Measures
ATHN uses industry best practices to ensure the protection and privacy of your data. We use encryption technology to protect your data in all parts of our systems and adhere to recognized standards to protect your data. We review our security processes regularly and monitor our systems using industry standard methods.
How to Contact ATHN
If you have questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a letter addressed by First Class Postage Prepaid U.S. Mail or overnight courier to the following address:
67 Red Rock Circle
New York 14626